- solves litigious, non-litigious and enforcement cases,
- solves inheritance cases, land registry cases and keeps land registry records,
- solves criminal cases, except those for which the law provides the substantive jurisdiction of other court,
- solves misdemeanours, except those for which the law provides the substantive jurisdiction of other authority,
- decides on the recognition and enforcement of foreign judicial decisions and decisions of other authorities which are equated with court decisions in state they are brought in,
- performs the tasks of international legal aid in the procedures of their competence,
- exercises judicial cooperation with member states of the European Union in proceedings of their competence,
- carries out other duties defined by law.