- solves appeals against decisions of municipal courts, unless otherwise provided by law,
- solves cases at first instance when their jurisdiction is prescribed by law;
- carries out investigation and notary disciplinary proceeding for disciplinary wrongdoings and decides on such proceedings at first instance, when determined by law,
- decides on appeals against disciplinary proceedings due to irregularities in the exercise of functions of public notaries, where defined by law,
- performs the tasks of international legal aid in the procedures of their competence,
- performs the tasks of international judicial cooperation with member states of the European Union in the procedures under their jurisdiction, except in misdemeanour cases,
- implements the execution of foreign criminal decision,
- carries out other duties defined by law.